Friday, August 20, 2010

Any chance I can get my ex-boyfriend back?

We met at a mutual friend's wedding last July...by early September we were dating each other exclusively. He 30...I am 40. We do the same type of work...clicked on a lot of levels..enjoyed the same activities, shows, are both affectionate, each was each other's ';best ever';. He spent every weekend at my place except when out of town visiting family, we went on a few getaways together etc. Everything was cool...until early Feb...he needed some time to think about what he wanted. Several days later he came back saying...';i'm sorry i put you thru this...this is where i want to be...i love you'; etc etc. I asked if he was sure....because he put me thru hell during that time. He assured me yes.


The next weekend we went away for Valentines and he gave me a diamond necklace. We both commented the following monday how much we enjoyed the weekend together. Within a couple weeks I felt him start drifting....home more during the week....no i love you's...diminished sex...etc etc. I would question him about it....and never one to enjoy discussions...he wouldn't answer me....change subject...get mad at me for trying to communicate.


So a few weeks ago...at dinner...i asked again...and added that he seemed happier when he was home than with me..and y was he still w/me? (i said these things cuz by now i was feeling almost single..like we were just friends). He answer, ';i dunno';. Needless to say that killed the evening. We went home to my place as we did every weekend and it was very awkward. He stated as such. I said, ';well...how do you expect me to be right now? I ask you a serious question and I get, ';i dunno';';. Finally he comes out...';i dunno...i just don't think it's gonna work';. I said fine..and promptly got sick and ran to the bathroom. AFter i laid down...and he came up ....apologizing and asking now what? I said what do u mean.? He's like...should i take my stuff? I was like, ';well..you don't want to be with me so y would you leave your stuff';. I saw him in the mirrors...sorta pacing...grabbing his head etc....I returned the diamond necklace to him from valentines..he wouldn't take it. I said...well it's meaningless to me since you gave it after you supposedly figured everything out. Give it to your lil brother then for his girl...at least he's not scared to be in a relationship. That i guess pissed him off good...he grabbed all his things and left.


Admittedly neither of us handled ourselves well that night...but i was so angry...and hurt...and physically sick. I wish we had been able to just talk things out.


Anyhow...just a couple days ago i was able to talk on phone with him to try to get closure. I got all kinds of things..';it's nothing you did'; ';i just don't think we're right for each other in the long run'; ';i dont' know what I want'; '; i just need to be alone for a while';.


Sooo...while I know I should just put him out of my mind and move on...I'm having a hard time w/it. I have dated enough...and truly feel like he and i could have something special and solid if he'd just open up and discuss our wants and needs....In my gut...i feel that it's a matter of being ';young'; and not knowing what he wants like he said.....maybe getting scared by how close we were....afraid to make that last step to surrender fully to being in a lasting committed relationship...thus giving up his ';freedom to play the field';. But...i know the argument could be made that he found someone else...which he has repeatedly denied....or...maybe that he decided I jus am not ';the one';. But if that were the case...I dunno why he would have done what he did a month prior.


Sooo....any input? Is there any hope that he might get his stuff together and give it another try?Any chance I can get my ex-boyfriend back?
There is certainly hope that you two will get back together, but it sounds like he has some serious commitment issues that will need to be resolved. And he'll need to resolve them. This can't fall on you.





If you truly think he is the one for you, give him some time and talk to him again. You could try taking things a lot more slowly than the first time around. And if this doesn't work, don't wait around for him. You have too much to offer; if he isn't ready for a serious relationship, or he's not willing to commit, or he's unable to see or appreciate what he could have with you, then it's time for you to move on.Any chance I can get my ex-boyfriend back?
But he's right


why WOULD you want to be with someone who doesn't know what they want.
Wow that's a hard one....... I think u should try one more time. After thaat he is right why waste your life. Good luck!
may be
wow dude that is long but i read it aha.


so sure there is hope .. maybe you two just need a break or you need to talk to him and tell him how you feel.





can you help me out please?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Well maybe he just needs time to really think it through..don't let him see that it's bothering you because that could just postpone his answer even more..


He could feel like he's being pressured to decide what he wants.








He could need a little time to finish growing up..





as cliche as that sounds..men do need extra time
sounds to me like you 2 should be friends first. if you were meant for each other he will come around in the mean time find more friends because he is not the only fish in the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment