Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should I take my boyfriend's bluntness?...?

To tell ya a little about the scenario here, we have a 10 month old and part of his life i was a single mom because my boyfriend wasn't ready blah blah blah.. No comments about that please ok? It's in the past. Well we tried again and it's been great and he's amazing with our son. Today, i was on my way home with my son and texted my boyfriend to tell him, cuz right now we live seperately but when my lease is up we are moving in together into the apartment he just got (we lived together in an apartment for 7 months then i moved out when we broke up) annnyway.. in my apartment, an old man lives below me and is very hostile towards me and my son for some reason, he thinks i stole his quarters for the washer downstairs or something i dunno i don't care either cuz it was dumb.. But whenever my son plays (he;s only ten months old, remember!) or i am cleaning, he bangs something on his ceiling/ my floor really hard scaring my son so much that he won't stand on the floor...





Well last night was the worst because i literally just walked across my apartment, it's a one bedroom so it's small! and half way across, to get my son's sippy cup, he starts banging on the ceiling! On top of that, he blares his country music for 3 HOURS... It is so loud my son wakes up and won't go back to bed in his crib, i put my hands on his mattress to see if the music vibrations were what was causing it, and it was vibrating soo much... I was so angry! Both of our sleep is vital of course!





I told my boyfriend through text what happened last night because we were deciding where to sleepover tonight since my apartment is so far from anything i was hopin to sleepover at his new place and after i told him what happened he replied





'i'm sorry but if you wouldn't slam your feet when you walk it probably wouldn't happen'..





He is a very sarcastic guy, as am i so i replied





'yeah haha i'm such a caveman..'





and he said 'no but you slam your heel into the ground when you walk' and after this i am now puttin the walls up....... I asked him if he was being serious here and he said





yeah when you walk you like slam your heels or something into the ground and its loud.' I cannot believe he would say such a thing because i am sleep-deprived constantly because he is such a deep sleeper that our son won't wake him up crying...





I deal with so much and put up with all his little iritations and he annoys me alot too but i would never hurt his feelings like that ya know?... Am i overreacting with this? Or should i be happy he actually told me how he really felt... He's not an open person so either he was in a bad mood and decided to snap at me which is wrong or he was trying to lessen the hurt that i felt that the old man was banging on my floor?.. I dunno.. Any advice would be great..How should I take my boyfriend's bluntness?...?
You are overreacting a little bit, but you were sleep deprived, and that is understandable. Walking loudly isn't that big of a deal, I know I do it, as my mom says that when I come down the stairs it sounds like a heard of elephants. And while your boyfriend should be a little more supportive, at least he is being honest. My boyfriend is blunt like this a lot, and well it doesn't really bother me, as it is just who he is, and I would rather honesty, even if it is blunt, than lying.





But you should be reporting your neighbor to your building manager or whoever, file a noise complaint, even for the hitting things against the ceiling.How should I take my boyfriend's bluntness?...?
I think that if you really want to know what/how someone feels you should talk to them, not text. so many misunderstandings come out of text messages.


i would let it go. Either you do walk heavy, (some people do), and he was just being honest or you don't and he was being an ***. Since you didn't hear the way he said it, you'll never really know.
You're overreacting, with the boyfriend. With the neighbor, when he plays his music that loud, call your apartment complex and report him.





If you are going to move in with the boyfriend, you and him need to discuss the little irritations and annoyances before hand. And you need to be able to handle the things about you that bother him, without getting upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment