Friday, August 20, 2010

Do your kids share a room?

How old are they? Do you let boys and girls share rooms if they're young enough?





My husband's ex gf raised a huge fuss during the custody litigation about their 4 year old girl and my husband and I's baby girl. (The baby was between 2 and 6 months old during this) We didn't see a problem with it because the baby doesn't actually sleep in there when the 4 year old is over. We didn't want her to wake up her sister so she sleeps with us or in her pack-n-play. The mother of the 4 year old said this was absolutely ridiculous and that we needed to get a bigger apartment so that the girls could have separate rooms. Nevermind the fact that the mother still lives with her father and his gf. The mother shares a room with her boyfriend and their son. The 4 year old has a tiny little room (nearly a closet) that is so full of toys she can barely use it.





See my opinion was that neither of the parties should be too picky because none of us make a lot of money and we make do with what we can. My husband and I work hard to afford a nice 2 bedroom apartment in a safe area and to provide for our girls. We can't afford a 3 bedroom place yet, but at least we don't live with our parents. My husband didn't make any demands on his ex because he understands being financially tight. I just don't think that she has any right to make demands on him when she doesn't even have a job.





Do you think that she was being unreasonable?





(The only reason I ask is because she has been bringing it up recently)Do your kids share a room?
Yes, she is being unreasonable. Maybe she just ';needed'; to cause a problem, and this i all she can think of. It is fine that they share a room. I have a 4 bedroom house and my oldest girls (6 and 3) WANT to share, so they do. It was the same when I was little too, I have 3 brothers and sisters, we all had our own rooms, but we still liked the comfort of having each other. So most nights we all slept in my room. My brothers and sister are all a year apart, and I am 4 years older. I can remember them sleeping in my room till I moved out! As long as everyone has somewhere safe and warm you are doing fine!Do your kids share a room?
My two older girls shared a room until recently. They are 19 months apart, and shared from the time the younger one was 14 months old, until the younger one turned 5. We didn't force them to separate, but the younger one just got sick of sharing, and moved on her own into the extra bedroom.
I have 3 sisters and 4 brothers, and I shared a room my entire childhood. I loved sharing a room because I always had someone to talk to when I was supposed to be sleeping, someone to listen to music with, etc, etc, etc. My sisters and I are all best friends, and anyone that would make a fuss about a child not having her/his own room is just creating drama for the sake of finding blame.
She sounds immature.


I would just ignore her and do what you need to do thats fits your budget and is best for your family.


Only you know what you can do and what you can't do...she has no room to butt in and run her mouth.





Good Luck and keep doing your best.
My two boys share a room (5years %26amp; 2 years) and have since my youngest son started sleeping through the night. They love it, so far. When they no longer want to share a room (which i would guess would be about the time my oldest hits his preteens) then he can move into the spare room. We do have enough rooms in our house for everyone (even my husband and myself) to have their own rooms if wanted, but since they enjoy it and are the same sex i see no problem with it at all.
Tell her to get over it. Siblings have been sharing bedrooms for years and years and years. Sometimes just two siblings, sometimes 5,6 or more to a room. Thats life, you deal with what you have.
I am 20 years old with 18 month old triplets, all are boys and all share a room, we are about to move to a house with 4 bedrooms closer to my college, my son Jordin gets up and wakes his brothers up so Joshua and Justin will share a room and Jordin will have his own room, my boys will continue to share a room until they are about 7 or 8, i don't see a point in splitting up their toys and everything when they all share. Tell her to get over herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment