Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you know when you've found your soulmate?

I ask because I think I've found mine.





It's hard being a fat woman. All of my life, I have been relegated to playing the role of a clown, to always being the one good for a laugh, and to be laughed at. I haven't had anyone that I think I could consider as ever having really loved me, and I pretty much assumed it would always be this way.





Until now.





My friend and co-worker broke up with her boyfriend and kicked him out; for a year now she has related what their life together has been, and the way she has talked about him, you would think the guy was a monster. Whenever he would stop by work to see her he seemed pleasant, but she told us he is really a low-life. I accepted that what she said was the truth---she would know, after all---and left it at that.





Well, at the coffee shop one day, there he was, sitting alone at a table. I noticed him as I got my coffee and pastry, but didn't imagine he'd remember me, so I just sat down at my own table and started in on my pastry. Well, he glanced up, seemed to recognize me, and came over. ';Hey, you're the lady who works with ________';, he said. ';Yes; I'm surprised you remembered me';, I laughed in reply.





Well, we got to talking, and he poured his heart out to me. I never had a man open up to me like that. He told me how he was hurt over the breakup with my friend, and knew she had been dragging his name through the mud, but that he understood she was going through her own hurt, and that he allowed her to do whatever she needed to in order to grow. He wouldn't respond to any of that, just give her understanding, and hoped that she healed her heart. I was just incredibly moved by this. Here was someone totally different from the man I had heard my friend talk about. I was impressed with his character. He noticed the time, and apologized for talking my ear off, but he told me how much I had helped him. He looked at me straight in the eyes and said, ';You know, I really appreciate you listening. I'm sleeping on a friend's couch until I can get on my feet, and have been pretty depressed about it, and over the breakup. You've helped me more than you can know.'; I was so shocked that here was a handsome, charming, and sensitive man, and one who wasn't laughing at me, or making a joke at my expense. Here was a man who saw something good in me. I don't think I ever had that before.





I told him to please call on me whenever he needed someone, that I would be glad to help. After that, we met and talked, and I got him a cell phone so that he could call me whenever he liked. He didn't want to take it, but I told him to please take it, that I wanted to be a real friend to him. It wasn't long after that that I got the biggest surprise of all.





He told me he was developing feelings for me! I asked him how he could love a fat pig like me. That was the only time I saw a shadow of anger cross his handsome face. He said, ';Don't ever call yourself that. You don't realize it, but you are beautiful. Your beauty starts in your heart, and works its way to the surface.'; I never thought I would hear someone speaking to me like that. I was just amazed.





We started dating clandestinely, usually just meeting at my place for dinner. I saw him once downtown with his arm around a lady, and I was sure he had seen me and then gone the other way, which confused me; he came by that evening and explained that yes he had seen me, had been out with his sister, and couldn't yet be public about me, since it was still too soon after his breakup. You see, if anything got back to my friend and co-worker, it would cause me nothing but problems, and he didn't want to do that to me. Can you imagine? A man who is so thoughtful and considerate of me, that he even cares not to make things hard for me at work. I can honestly say, I have given my heart to him. Yes, I am in love.





Last night, he made love to me for the first time, and I was so nervous about it. He was so gentle and caring, though, and kept telling me over and over how beautiful I was. He could tell I was nervous, and told me he knew I had been hurt so much in the past, but if there was one thing I could trust, it was that he would never hurt me. He held me gently for the longest time when we were through, and was quiet. After a while, he said, ';You know, this is the best part of any day that I have had in my entire life. I didn't think I would fall in love again; now I realize that I am truly falling in love....for the first time.';





I was just crying tears, hearing someone say that about *me*. Fat girl me. The girl who got her head shoved in the toilet in school, the girl who got asked to the Prom by a good looking jock, only to realize it was a vicious joke, the girl whose co-workers tease the UPS delivery man that I have the hots for him, and laugh while he cringes in horror.....me. This man loves ME!





He told me that if he were rich, he would buy me this diamond ring he could get forHow do you know when you've found your soulmate?
What brilliant writing! Clearly you are a genius. Were you educated in Vatican City? As for your dilemma, I fear your man shall not show up; it is best to take the veil.














Of course, you already have. ;)How do you know when you've found your soulmate?
You will be waiting forever for him, he's not coming back. He got everything out of you. He saw how insecure you are and robbed you of your money and emotions. sorry but that's the truth





BTW I really hope this is a joke.
IF this is actually true then you have gotten taken








troll
No such thing as a soul mate.
I just felt it . The feeling came from my heart naturally .
The person who wrote this is slightly evil. Ah, well...
Your questions are the best! LOL! That was so well written I'm almost mad at that slimy jerk!
Hey, this is Q and A. We didn't ask for your life novel.
we all find soul mates at any age some that we never knew we would have. there is someone out there for everyone no matter what you think or say. but im glad you found him best of luck to you both =)





and yes there is happy endings for those that wait for it.
Sweetie, as long as I know for sure your NOT


after my ';NOLTE';....I wish you happiness...





If it is the Nolte your talking about..... be ready for


the REPROCUSSIONS....I will rip out your blond hair by its black roots...(spiritually speaking of course)
I guess when someone wants to take your money that would make them your soulmate.











*God is in a Good Mood has cloned you and I together. Lesbomaniac.*








http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt鈥?/a>











Intelligence is not a strong point of this dumb fundie.
Take Sister's advice, honey. And get decked out in one of those dazzling habits like Sister is in. But I would go with the aquamarine like in your avatar - that is your colours!





Just remember you can buy a lot of zirconium's with $4,000 plus...
LOL


Uwish is the Fireball equivalent for Marriage and Divorce..or whatever category this is.





Anyway I just love happy endings.


Oddly enough.. coincidence.. my man just called me and said he was taking me out. He said he won $4300.00 bucks playing the Phat Lotto.
I am happy for you but what I notice immediately is that you are giving him gifts. Is he giving you anything...outside of himself? And he isn't giving you a diamnond ring..you are giving it to yourself. He is just picking it out. If he comes back with the money.





I hope he is for real. But how is it that you are a lesbo..if you are screwing a guy??? Hmmm.
LOL....you made me laugh and I got one of those embarassing ';snot bubbles'; that you get when your nose is runny and you laugh too hard.





Put that in book form and I'll buy it. I'm thinking it would easily be 200-250 pages long.





I'm glad you found your soul mate, although a little jealous now that I don't have a chance with you. Bitterwseet surrender, I guess.





EDIT: The length of your ';question'; and the first chick's response to it was classic. LOL
Honey Buffet,





Have been kidnapped, brainwashed, and forced to accept dangerous mission from the CIA because they said if I did not they would hurt you. I will return as soon as I can.





If you decide you cannot wait for me I will understand.





All my love,





...I think I was your co-workers boyfriend but I have trouble with names now since my abduction.





PS: Eat this note, the messenger, and anything else you want to hide the evidence.
That is a most beautiful story. Since you are literate, I can also assume you are smart. If this guy doesn't show up, then either you are making all of this up or you are a hopeless romantic. If he actually did make love to you, I know that $4,300 wouldn't guarantee my ability to perform if I was unattracted and just using someone. So if what you say is true, I think that is amazing and I wish you the best of luck. If you are just yanking our chain, I commend you on a well spun romantic fantasy. There really are good,sensistive men out there that see past the physical appearances. In 40 years, everybody that's online right now, their looks will be gone anyway. But their heart will have grown even larger with experience. I personally don't believe your story, but I have no problem with your making it up, despite the first answerer's rude comment. I just have a hard time with fairy tale scenarios, especially when you say that you have just taken your savings and given them to this guy. Since he brought up the subject of the price of a diamond ring, my suspicion is you have been played (again, assuming you're not playing US). If you are, that's cool too. You did it with the such eloquence, and this site, this venue, tends to be boring overall, what with ';am I pretty'; ';am I pregnant'; and other who gives a flying rat's patoot questions. So that was an interestesting read. No, I'm not sucking up. I couldn't care less about the 2 points, having already had two level 7 accounts deleted. I just thought your story was worthy of comment. And if it's true (graciously granting you the benefit of the doubt, fool that I may be), I seriously hope that you have found true love, a soulmate. To answer your question of how do you know if you have found a soulmate, I find it's when said soulmate tends to finish what you were going to say, in effect reading your mind. Good luck. As the 60s singer Melanie would say ';Of course, some people think that fatties are nice.';





:)
This is the most beautiful, heart wrenching story I think I've ever read. I had to stop after the first paragraph for a bowl of ice cream it was so delicious.





Oh, I believe truly and deeply that your soul mate is just delayed. He has probably stopped to help an elderly woman with her groceries or maybe he saw a crime and stopped to help. You know those types of things can tie you up for hours. I'm sure he'll be along shortly. Don't despair, he's clearly your prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment