Friday, August 20, 2010

Sooo, I have a dilemma. With a guy. Help?

I'm in highschool. Don't even tell me I'm too young to be in love. Cause I've felt love. I've had 5 boyfriends since 7th grade and I'm in my junior year right now, so I've bided my time quite well. All of these boyfriends have lasted 4 months to a year. I cared for all of them. Only loved one. Now there's a new guy. He's the catch of the century. Personality, gymnast, drumline major, pianist, gorgeous, smile and eyes that could stun you in your tracks. It was a miracle the first time he held me and kissed me because I never dreamed he'd have any kind of feelings for me. We talked about everything significant in our lives and he looked at me like nothing else in the world mattered and picked me up and twirled me around in the movies, and held me when I was cold and we sorta swayed like we were dancing, and talked about everything and it was the most perfect night of my life. The next day, and the past few weeks for that matter, it was a different story. He flashes me a smile in the hall sometimes and gives me a hug on the rarest occasion. We've hung out three times since then. First time, at lunch, we were alone on the basement starewell of the school. He kissed me by the end again, confusing me all over again, but barely said goodbye when the bell rang. Second time, he invited me to his house. We watched Robin Hood Prince of Thieves because he loved the music in it. Cuddled on his bed. He gave me that look again, played with my hair, kissed me, made out with me, held me, but tried to unbutton my pants three times when I told him no (I've had sex before, and i was more than willing to do it with him, but I wanted commitment first). But he finally stopped and just held me and kissed me and played with my hair and looked into my eyes. Next day he acts the same, like we barely know eachother more than a passing glance and occasional smile. Third time was today. I told him I wanted to hear him play Mad World for me on the piano and we sat in the band room all of lunch just talking and him playing me piano music. He hugged me, but never looked in my eyes unless I said something weird, and didn't seem at all interested in anything about me anymore, because it felt like i was interrogating him just to keep a conversation going. Then the bell rang and he said he was going to the drum room and got up and walked off with an awkward wave over his shoulder. Biggest mixed signals I've ever experienced. I'm trying to teach myself piano and how to do a backflip so i can meet any kinds of standards that he has.


I'm so confused. What should I do that doesn't involve giving up? I've played hard to get, I've tried the sweet innocent approach, I've damn near tried everything. What would you do? (that doesn't involve giving up!)Sooo, I have a dilemma. With a guy. Help?
well if you tried everything then i would just ask. tell him you really like him and that you want to be committed with him. that's just the best way to say it. maybe hes busy at school or i dont really know him but the only way to find out is to ask him yourself. but at the same time make sure hes not playing you. making you a secret.Sooo, I have a dilemma. With a guy. Help?
Ask him, straight up. If he can't give you a straight answer, he's not worth it, and he's certainly not the ';catch of the century.';
i need a question not a life story
I am sorry to say, but at least 8 different things in your story tell me that he is gay. He probably doesn't even know it yet, and that is why he keeps trying to get with you, but he is definitely gay.





You won't be able to turn him, so don't even bother trying. Just get over him as fast as you can.





Sorry.
Back up and give him space. I won't tell you that you are too young to be in love but based on your question, you don't quite seem mature enough. Swaying and kissing does not equal love. And neither does 3 instances of seeing this guy. I was once told, don't ';play'; hard to get. Be hard to get. Get your own life and if he wants to spend time with you he will, and if he doesn't take it for what it is and move on. You have mentioned all the things he does, I hope your schedule is just as full, if not fill it with meaningful activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment