Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you get away from a compulsive liar that has been your friend for 5 years?

My friend has been lying to me ever since she was 5 and i was 7yrs.old. every time she lied i could tell she was lying, but she would get mad at me if i would point out or prove that she was lying to me, so sometimes i just never bothered to argue and went along with her little fibs. Here are a few of the lies she has told me:





#1 she said she was bit by her cat and turned into cat woman





#2 she said she met the lead singer of panic at the disco- i know this is a lie because i asked her mom if she had met the lead singer of panic at the disco and her mom said no. i knew she was lying all along, but just to make sure i had to ask.





#3 she said she had a dog when she was little, but it died before i got to meet it- i know this is a lie because i asked her mom if they had a dog before i met them and she said no.





#4 she said she took surfing lessons the summer before last summer.


i know this is a lie because she said he took the surfing lessons the summer before last year- but that was the summer when i was in Ohio and visited her just about everyday. we would play with each other from morning to night and...no surfing lessons. also, if she had been taking surfing lessons, she would have told me or called me the day she had started surfing lessons (even if i wasn't in Ohio at the time)- not a summer later.





#5 she told me she knew these guys and they were triplets with blond hair and that they were all emo guys. she said she met them while walking home and just started talking to them. she told me stories about how she would go to their house. but when i asked if we could go there she would say her parents would never let her go to their house. she would also say that the triplets would come to her house all the time. but i know that's a lie because her parents wouldn't just let THREE 16 yr. old guys come into their house and go into her bedroom. DUH i KNOW her parents better than that.





#6 she said she smoked a cigarette before. i know this is a lie because, well after knowing her for 5 years i can tell by the sound of her voice when shes lying





#7 she told her friend that she got a pair of these converse from her boyfriend. but she told me that her mom bought them for her at Walmart.





#8 she said she knows a guy named bob and that he comes to her house all the time- once again her parents wouldn't let another guy come into the house and into her room.





#9 she said she knows a guy named Ryan and that she goes around and hangs out with him all day and to like skate park and everything. SHE CANT EVEN LEAVE HER OWN BLOCK WITHOUT A FRIEND LIKE ME WITH HER. (some one who is a girl that is older than her and someone her parents have known for years and someone that doesn't smoke or is not a bad influence--that would be me)





#10 she took a picture of someone's drawing of a guy out of a magazine and said that she drew it and that her friend had taken the picture and sent it to wherever they take the mail and post your picture in the magazine. i know this is a lie because i was just about to read the little paragraph next to the picture to see who the real artist was, but right before i got to read it my friend noticed that i was trying to read it and snatched it out of my hand then said ';oh you don't have to read that paragraph its not important.'; Then she tore the part of the paragraph out and threw it away.





There are so many...SO MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY lies she has told me during the 5 years i have known her but these are most of the ones i can remember out of the few 100 or 1000 or 5000 or 8000 lies she has told me.





I have no idea why, but for some reason I just cant let go of her. I don't know how she is still my friend because you would think i would have committed suicide by now. It only gets harder and harder to get away from her because her parents have grown so attached to me. Partly because they probably wish i was their daughter. My friend treats her parents like the are her children. But I, unlike most children actually RESPECT my parents and listen to them. For all you children out there who disrespect your parents- ITS NOT THAT HARD TO RESPECT THEM. Anyways... I'm stuck in this sticky situation i seriously feel like I'm going to lose my mind! I understand my friend probably compulsively lies because she wants to fit in but please understand i have been her friend for 5 years! SHE HAS NO REASON TO LIE TO ME!!!! i wouldn't care if she was the ugliest person or the nerdiest person on earth! I'm sort of a nerd myself. Its getting harder and harder to be able to tell when she is lying and when she's telling the truth. It's almost as if she always lying. i just don't want her to end up like those people that lie about what time they ate their breakfast. COME ON! who needs to lie about what time they ate their breakfast!?!?!?!?!?!?! I just don't want to have to deal with her parents. They are seriously like really really really attached to me. TheyHow do you get away from a compulsive liar that has been your friend for 5 years?
Maybe she wants to one-up you all the time because her parents like you better than her.





If I were you, I would ignore what she says when she lies. If she starts lying, just kinda act like you don't care or like you're looking at something REALLY interesting or something. Just be like, ';mmmhhm. yea. mk.';





But when she's being sincere, engage into the conversation. Act like she's really interesting and they only person you'd want to be listening to is her.





Compliment her on things she actually makes or does. She'll gain confidence in her reality and therefore feel like she doesn't have to make one up.How do you get away from a compulsive liar that has been your friend for 5 years?
well there are two options for your friend,one, she doesn't has nothing pathologically wrong with she and she just feels pressured around you and she feels she needs to lie so you like her,or your friend is seriously seek and you shouldn't turn your back on her but help and get help to her .


here are the clinic characteristics of a compulsive liar


(and chill out a bit seem a little stressed out)

No comments:

Post a Comment