Friday, August 20, 2010

BFF Vs BF trouble!! please read?

Okay so me and my best friend have been friends for almost 4 years (we even celebrate the day we met!) I hang out with her everyday and she stays the night everyday, she means everything to me! I adore her to death. But heres the deal. I just recently started seeing this guy, and we're getting kinda serious. I really like him and I know he likes me. We've been hanging out everyday (and I still make time for her!) but, she talked to me yesterday and said if I EVER choose him over her (as hanging out or anything like that) that the friendship was over. I thought she was just playing around and being dramatic. But see my best friend acts REALLY immature, shes a total kid at heart, and my boyfriend is the serious mature type. He thinks shes very annoying and she thinks hes irritating and shes always rolling her eyes at him and ignoring him and then tells me he was being mean? I think shes being VERY immature, and I know when you start to get older you do need to put yourself and your boyfriend first, because thats where your life will be if you want it I guess, and I know me and her won't be BEEEST friends forever, but I want to be great friends forever? and want her as my best friend right now, but I can't keep driving back and forth 5 or 6 times a day to hang out with them both at diff times cause they can't stand each other. This guy is important to me and he means alot to me, but I love her to. I don't wanna lose her over a guy, but I don't wanna lose him over a friendship, because I couldn't dedicate time to him. This is getting to be REALLY hard. If I don't see my BFF EVERY day she gets SO mad at me, but it seems lately even when I do spend the day with her all she does is complain how much she hates so and so and how bad her day was, and she just bitchs and screams and all I wanna do is take her home and be with him.





What can I do to calm her down?? How do I balance out??BFF Vs BF trouble!! please read?
I think you should sit down and talk to her about how you feel. You sid yourself she is immature and she will grow out of this with age. And if she Truly cares about you as her best friend then she will want you to be happy. So just sit her down ans sad hey..I really like this guy...Your my best friend and always will be...just because i have him and love him doesn't mean he is replacing you....we will have a set day, 2 days whatever ever day same time each week to hang out...(that way she knows your making her a priority as well) I think this will make her feel better. And give it an honest effort. and if this doesn't work then obviously she didn't care about the friendship in the first place





And with him tell him that you know how he feels about her but she is your best friend and your not putting her first but you do have to make time for her a couple days a week and ask him to make an effort to like her.





I hope this helps I had the same problem with my fiance and a friend and they are slowly warming up to each other! =)BFF Vs BF trouble!! please read?
you have to make time for both, but your BFF needs to cut the ******* cord. you will always be friends but if she is ready to ditch your friendship because you have a BF well... she is way to clingy. maybe see if your BF has any friends she would want to date.
its possible to have more than one friend. but she shouldnt be controling who you talk to or see. that is not the kind of friendship anyone should want to deal with. when she is acting like that it is pushing you away. tell her that.
go jump off a building and land on your head and shoot your best friend especially if its you BFF so make sure you shoot like 30 bullets into your frined then jump
You need to tell her that your life does not revolve around her and that you will have other friends and possibly a husband someday and that he WILL come first.
Too long to read...get to the point
Best thing is to talk to her tell her how you feel I think your friend has some issues that may make her feel insecure about your friendship boyfriends come and go but friends last forever if your friendship is important then find a way to work it out good luck
Eventually, she's going to experience this rejection. Its just a question of when.





I suggest that you tell her off, and continue normally with your boyfriend. If she wants to meet with you on more reasonable terms, that's great - but you have no intention of giving up a romantic life for her.





Her ';me first'; is a loser attitude. Either she loses it, or you lose her.
It's probably not a bad idea to just let her whine and scream and be jealous. She will either get over it, grow up, and learn how to be a good friend without being the center of your universe, or she'll get a lot madder and end the friendship. If she does end the friendship, then you really never meant that much to her in the first place; if that's the case, then you're better off without her.





Some might give kinder, gentler advice but I think everyone involved is old enough to learn how to play nice, share and get along together.
you need to stop using the word forever.





you can pick, either never have a BF and always have a BFF, or vice versa. put her in your spot, tell her you would nag like that.


shes ending a 4 year friendship because your hanging with a dude too? thats immature.





you gotta ditch her, or make all the time for her.
you really need to have a serious conversation with both of them.





you need to let your friend know how important your boyfriend is to you.





and you need to do the same thing with him.





you have to let them know you cant be switching from person to person , if you dont see someone that day talk to on the phone or text them .





if they Truly love you , they will understand.








(:
well if you have a boy friend that doesent like your best friend its kinda doomed to fail. Eather way i can see that it would suck for you but it comes down to would your rather lose your best friend for 4 years or your boy friend for 4 days. I know that you dont want to lose eather of them so find out what your bf and bff have in common and try doing them together maybe if she has a bf try double dates.
Sit down and talk to her. ask her why she doesn't like him. but be nice about it and dont yell at her. that will make things worse. but if that doesnt work be like i understand that you dont like him. and you wont tell me y, but i really do and he really cares about me. thus is something really stupid to be fighting about. i love you and i want to be your best friend for ever. i will make you a deal. i will scedual dates were me and u will just hang out and (name of boyfriend) wont be there.
Uhhh....Well you need to try and make them friends even best friends sit them down talk to them both and tell them that you love them both and want to be with both but they have to help you tell them how hurt you are and if they love you then they will try to get along then try to get your friend a boyfriend too so she wont be left out
you're friend is being totally ridiculous. you need to have talk with her and tell her that you are your own person and you really like this guy. tell her you have a right to be in a relationship if it makes you happy and if she's your real friend she'll accept that and still be your friend (even if you can only hang out with her every other day or even only 2-3 times a week). Tell her that you think that the way she's behaving is selfish and you'll still be her friend if she wants you to be, but you can't put all life and relationships apart from hers on hold just because she wants you to. And if she can't accept that she isn't worth it!
just... talk 2 both of them... stand ure ground .. tell them u love them equally ... n tell ya boyfriend the same... but.. win or if u tell ure friend.. explain 2 her how u feel abt. it... tell her shez ure bestie n he'll never b put 1st but,,,, the BEST thing 2 do is talk 2 them @ the same time.. IT WORKED WITH ME! LOL* hope i helpedd... :) good luck!
It really depends on if you love this guy or not. If you love him and want things to go well between you two then you need to worry more about him. You should sit your friend down and tell her how you feel about him and make it known that he is not going anywhere. Guys want put up with a girl putting her friends before them all the time. Guys don't mind you hanging with your friends but if you get stressed out over picking who to hang with then he gets stressed out. If your friend can't accept the fact that you want to spend more time with him, then that is her loss. She's not a true friend if she can't understand how you feel. That's why people have bestfriends so that they are there for them and understand them. I would never be mad at my bestfriend because she is in love. All I am saying is your bestfriend should never ask you to chose over her or the guy you care about. And honestly it sounds like eaither way you will lose one of them no matter what choice you make. But goodluck and I hope you make a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment