Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Death- such a hard concept..?

I just found out that two of my friends died last night in a car wreck. They were also my boyfriend's best friends, and I had to break the news to him. He took it so hard- we all did. I just want to give a bit of a tribute to all my friends that have died, that I didn't get to say goodbye to, and hope that it will give me a bit of closure. Some of these things that will make no sense are inside jokes, so if anybody gets offended, I'm sorry.





And thank you for reading this tribute.








THE GOOD ONES DIE YOUNG:


**Cole Parker**


age: 15yrs


cause of death: car wreck


year: 2004





Cole, you were such an amazing friend. You took me under your wing when I first came to our school, and you taught me that no man is worth my tears, and the ones that are wouldn't make me cry. You were the big brother that I never had. When your momma died, the strength that you carried gave me hope, and strength. I wish I had half the strength that you did. I miss you Cole Andrew Parker. Your truly buried in my heart. In all of your friends hearts. You had such an amazing impact on so many lives.....I miss you.





**Brady Alexander**


age: 21


cause of death: gunshot to the head


year: 2005





Brady, oh how I rejoiced the day that your murderers were sentenced to life in prison. But that glory hardly compared to the dispair of everyone that had the chance to know you. And those who did, we know how lucky we are. You, too, were an amazing guy, and those who think otherwise obvisiouly never took the time to understand your twisted sense of humor. I miss you brady.





';Dr.'; Drew


age: 15


cause of death: drowning


year: 2006





Drew, my only friend in Agriculture. Thank you for making me laugh when I was feeling down. You always wanted to help everyone, which eventually lead to your death. You're such a hero for jumping into the river to save that girl, but not even the strongest hero can out swim the currents that pull you under. I miss you and wish we would've had more classes together so that I could've known you better.





**Lakin Garrett**


age: 16


cause of death: suicide


year:2008





Ahhh, my sexxy butt twin. Nobody can pull off those non-exsistence butts like we could. I'm so glad that I had the privilige to call you my bestie. I carry so much guilt in my heart because I never detected how much you were struggling with day to day life. You were such a good secret keeper...Nobody expected this...nobody. I wish I could go back, and look harder. Maybe then I could be there for you, and be the shoulder that could soak up all your tears. Maybe I could help you to see that killing yourself is not the way to go. Maybe I could help carry your burdens, and then maybe you would still be here. I think to myself all the time how I called myself your best friend, but I wasn't there for you like besties are suppose to be. I should played my bestie role better...but that's the thing about life. No matter how much you hope, and wish, you can't change the past. I still have our notebook. I've tried to read it, but it hurts too bad. I'm still not ready....but I will frame every page in due time. I miss you my precious lakin, my sexxy butt twin.





**Desire Blood**


age: 20


cause of death: house fire


year: 2008





Desire, you were so young, and your death was tragic. After your death, I swore to God that my lips would never touch a cigerette. I didn't know you as well as I would have like, but I'm glad we had the time together that we did. Even though I hate that you passed, I'm glad that you did with your baby, so that little Zyler wouldn't have to grow up without his mommy, and you wouldn't have to leave this earth without your world. Everyone's heart still goes out to you.





**Kadem Ray**


age: 18


cause of death: drowning


year: 2008





Haha, Kadem. I had the biggest crush on you and still plan on naming my baby after you. You made me feel beautiful when nothing else did. You had such a way with words. Every time I see a hat with the letter D on it, you insintely pop in mind. I hate that your son is going to grow up without knowing his wonderful father. But I promise, every story that I can ever remember will be told to him. I miss you Kadem.





**Mark Vanderpool**


age: 19


cause of death: car wreck/ drowning


year: 2009 (early this morning)





Mark, Mark, Mark....What am I gonna do with you boy? How is the world going to turn now that you're gone? You made the most horrible things fun, and nobody, nothing will ever take your place. You laughed constantly...to be honest about it...I couldn't understand half the things you were saying because you were always laughing when you were talking. And I will never forget the time you and Chad wanted to ride desperado, and jumped all the way over that horse and fell off on the other side. How both of ya'll did that, I'll never know. Mark, you're dearly missed.





**Chad ';Weak-*****';


age: 15yrs -so close to 16-


cause of death: car wreck/ drowning


year: 2009 (early this morning)





Chad WeaDeath- such a hard concept..?
You've had a lot of loss in your life. I know that it is so hard to accept when loved ones die. It seems so crazy that the world continues to turn when your life feels like it's come to a screeching halt. All I can tell you, honey, is that you have the strength to get through this terrible time and eventually the world will begin to turn on it's axis again. You have a loving heart and your friends were blessed to have you in their too short lives. You have no reason to feel guilty. Lakin was too immersed in the darkness she was feeling to be able to share with you. You were her best friend and she didn't want you to hurt as she was. She knew you would, because she knew you loved her. I, too have had losses and I've always believed that if a person could be present at their own funeral before it actually happened, to see the sorrow that is left with those who love them, they'd never make that choice. Your beautiful tributes brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing them. I don't know if it helps, but I pray for peace and solace for you and all their loved ones. You can never ';get over'; a loss, but you can find comfort in loved ones and it will become something that your soul can bear, and the memories will become a solace in themselves. I think you've already learned that. Don't feel you have to get over it, just let your tears heal you.Death- such a hard concept..?
Yes, death is hard at times and sometimes impossible to accept.





';Dear God, I'm Only 17


Author Unknown





The day I died was an ordinary school day.


How I wish I had taken the bus,


But I was too cool for the bus.





I remember how I wheedled the car out of Mom.


';Special favor, '; I pleaded. ';All the kids drive.';


When the 2:50 bell rang, I threw all my books in the locker.


I was free until 8:50 tomorrow morning!


I ran to the parking lot, excited at the thought.


of driving a car and being my own boss.


Free!


It doesn't matter how it happened.


I was goofing-off, going too fast.


Taking crazy chances.


But I was enjoying my freedom and having fun!


The last thing I remember was passing an old lady,


who seemed to be going awfully slow.


I heard a deafening crash and I felt a terrible jolt.


Glass and steel flew everywhere!


My whole body seemed to be turning inside out.


I heard myself scream!


Suddenly I awakened; it was very quiet.


A police officer was standing over me.


Then I saw a doctor.


My body was mangled.


I was saturated in blood.


Pieces of glass were sticking out all over.


Strange that I couldn't feel anything.


Hey! Don't pull that sheet over my head!


I can't be dead!


I'm only 17!


I've got a date tonight!


I'm supposed to grow up and have a wonderful life.


I haven't lived yet.


I can't be dead!





Later I was placed in a drawer.


My parents had to identify me.


Why did they have to see me like this?


Why did I have to look at my Mom's eyes,


when she faced the most terrible ordeal of her life?


Dad suddenly looked like an old man.


He told the man in charge,


';Yes, he is my son.';





The funeral was a weird experience.


I saw all my relatives and friends


walk toward the casket.


They passed by, one by one, and looked at me,


with the saddest eyes I've ever seen.


Some of my buddies were crying.


A few girls touched my hand


and sobbed as they walked away.


Please-Somebody-


Wake me up! Get me outta here!





I can't bear to see my Mom and Dad so broken up.


My Grandparents are so racked with grief,


they can hardly walk.


My brother and sisters are like zombies.


They move like robots, in a daze, everybody!


No one can believe this.


And I can't believe this either!


Please don't bury me!


I'm not dead!


I have a lot of living to do!


I want to laugh and run again!


I want to sing and dance!


Please don't put me in the ground!


I promise, if you'll give me just one more chance,


God, I'll be the most careful driver in the world.


All I want is one more chance.


Please, God, I'm only 17!';

No comments:

Post a Comment