Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I love my boyfriend but his family are a problem?

My boyfriend is a great man but his family get in the way of our romantic relationship. This is a long term serious relationship.





His mother doesn't like me - she's a unemployed couch potatoe if I'm honest





His sister expects attention/affection from him a bit too much - she seems to want to re live moments she had with him when they were younger too much sometimes. she is 14 now and everytime it comes to hi bye goodnight, its like she wants affection and wants him away from me.





His dad is nice, doesn't say much but the one that seems more laid back. He brings the money in the food, cooks the good, he puts up with nagging from his wife, they don't have a romantic love life between them.





My boyfriend once took me on holiday to tell me how much he loves his family ';lots and lots.'; and it was hurtful considering he took me on a romantic trip and didn't say anything that way about me. From then on I started to realise what a burden to bear his family were.





His mother complains about needing space even though I hardly go to their house and she always trys to dump us both on my mom at the weekends despite the fact my single mother has a job and barely gets time to herself unlike my bf's mother, no offence.





My bf is feeling the pressure. He knows his family have attatchment issues and he trys his best please them and me, but whenever he pleases them it ends up hurting me, whenever he pleases me, they get pissed off and they were annoyed he wanted to spend a bit of time with me Xmas to meet my family for the first time. He returned alone to them later but his sister made him stay up late, sitting on his bed playing games and then going soppy hugging later on before bed.





He even got her 2 xmas cards which was my idea for us as a couple originally and the stuff he wrote was so soppy you think it would be for a woman.





My bfs mom thinks the reason he wont go abroad is cos he is not allowed time enough even though this is not true and that has annoyed her.





I have tryed so hard, I have given his sister all my old belongings, I spend time with them, yet apparantly his mom doesnt want me spending the odd 30 mins wtih them, I thought it was polite to sit with your bfs family during dinner time but obviously I just annoy them.





What can I do? Do you think my bf will finally seem a bit more independant once we get a place together? I'd like to see them when we both move out but if they don't like me I highly doubt they want me there.





What could I have done wrong? =/I love my boyfriend but his family are a problem?
Your bf just needs to talk to his family, because your mom could do with being a bit more fair at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment