Friday, August 20, 2010

High school?

I'm going to be a Freshman at a huge high school next year. I think it has , roughly, 2000 people.


Huge, I know?


Anyways I'm just curious and have a few questions that I would like you to answer about your high school experience.





1. Do you remember your first day of high school? If so, could you describe it?


2. How hard were the classes from 1-10?


3. What would you say you were in high school? You know, popular, nerd, goth, etc.?


4. Did you have a lot of friends, or a little?


5. Were you friends with any upperclassman?


6. What age/grade did you go out with your first high school boyfriend?


7. Did you play any sports? If so, what and what was it like?


8. Did you ever get lost in your school?


9. Were you one of the pretty/hot types? Or were you just average?


10. Did everyone judge you from when they first met you?





Thanks in advance!High school?
i got to a school with 800 more ppl know THATS big





my first day was awesome because i saw people i graduated with and made freinds immediately and made freinds in summer programs for my school (something you should do to meet people so you wo't be lost the first day)








the classes were 6 on a scale of 1-10





i'm not labeled in school becaus ei hang out with a variety of different peoplei try to surrond myself around people who are just funa and not based on social status.





i have a lot of freinds so far





i was freinds with a sophomore





i dont have a bf yet





i didn;t play any sports my freshman year





i didn;t get lost the first day because in the summer program i got to learn my way around without a lot of people in the school





i'm more of a pretty girl





no one judged me to my faceHigh school?
1. Yes. I was very nervous and tried to talk to a lot of people. I had a little bit pf trouble getting around school.


2. 6


3. I wasn't really anything. I was just there. There weren't many cliques anyways.


4. Little, but I was happy with that.


5.With one sophomore, he was a nice kid.


6. Junior year


7.No


8. At first yes, but then I knew the school like the back of my hand.


9. No, just average.


10. No


Good Luck in HS. You will have fun and learn a lot. Just relax and remember that HS is a lot different than middle school, so be prepared for changes. Just be yourself and you will be fine.
1. Scared to death. I was in a very large high school. Our class had 1,000 and was the largest to graduate there when they finally built a new one


2. Classes were not any harder than Jr. High


3. I was a semi-popular nerd


4. I had a lot of friends (more my senior year)


5. Yes. Had a lot of friends/classmates that were in my classes in upper grades and they wanted to sit by me to copy off my tests. Got busted once in Spanish, but I did not get in trouble. . . .he did


6. It was my first year


7. I played volley ball and loved it. Also in modern dance and it kept me in good shape


8. No


9. I was pretty but not considered ';hot';. . . .I was too modest


10. That is part of being in high school however I think teenagers are a lot less shallow now than they were when I was in school. I have a teenager and I will ask him what he thinks about a certain girl and he will say, ';I don't know, I would have to get to know her first.'; THAT makes me very proud of him. Good luck honey.
my HS has 4500 ppl


1. kinda nervous but i knew sum ppl from football


2.6(i was in honors classes)


3, i'd say popular,because i hung out with everybody


4. alot


5.not really


6.sophmore


7.football


8.lol yes


9. s lil of both


10. i dunno
1.not rly


2.7


3.popular


4.a lot


5. yeaahh


6.7th


7.volleyball and gymnastics hard but fun


8. yes... a lot durig the first couple days of school


9.pretty/hot


10.some of them you know like they think your a slut or something when they dont even know you
yes ido .. it was horrible bc i knew nobody, i had just moved here ..


7


not popular, but not a nerd lmao.


a few .. i made some:] lmao


yeah


umm my age


no


yeah


average


nope .. they were just like omg ur a cali girl!! lol.
i cant say because i am also going to be a freshman next year, but our school is pretty small!
1. it was a little confusing but not to bad


2. depends i have hard ones and easy


3. idk, not really one


4. a lot


5. yeah


6. still a freshman, havn't had one


7. water polo, really hard, lot of practice, fun, met upperclassmen, met one of my best friends


8. only the first week


9. average


10. no
1. Do you remember your first day of high school? If so, could you describe it?


yup, there was a freshman day, where the rest of the upperclassmen didnt have school yet, so we could get used to it without so many people, my school huge too


2. How hard were the classes from 1-10?


well now they're like 7-8ish hard


3. What would you say you were in high school? You know, popular, nerd, goth, etc.?


now, id say im popular


4. Did you have a lot of friends, or a little?


i have little close friends that i hang out with alot, but lots of just casual friends


5. Were you friends with any upperclassman?


yup, i know alot of my brother's friends, their sister, and a bunch of sophmores from my old middle school


6. What age/grade did you go out with your first high school boyfriend?


i dont have one now


7. Did you play any sports? If so, what and what was it like?


volleyball and soccer. i encourage you to get as involved as you can


8. Did you ever get lost in your school?


yeah, lol, i got my schedule mixed up, and went to jewlery 3rd period instead of study hall, and the wrong health room


9. Were you one of the pretty/hot types? Or were you just average?


both ;]


10. Did everyone judge you from when they first met you?


sort of, by like what you wore, like preppy, emo, skater, ghetto...lol :]
1. Do you remember your first day of high school? If so, could you describe it? I felt very young and lost lol


2. How hard were the classes from 1-10?1. Freshman year classes are a piece of cake.


3. What would you say you were in high school? You know, popular, nerd, goth, etc.? I'm more of a unique, shy, quite, dorky girl.


4. Did you have a lot of friends, or a little? I never have had a room of friends lol. I have gotten really close friends from highschool though


5. Were you friends with any upperclassman? Yup, most of my friends when I was a freshman were juniors and seniors


6. What age/grade did you go out with your first high school boyfriend? 9th


7. Did you play any sports? If so, what and what was it like?None


8. Did you ever get lost in your school? Yes the first week lol.


9. Were you one of the pretty/hot types? Or were you just average? I'm the average.


10. Did everyone judge you from when they first met you? They judge you from how you act in class the first week. I was always different because I am pretty quite so I was labeled with the outcasts. But I'm glad because who cares =). I have the best friends in the world.
1. yes, had to eat in bathroom


2. 3 but i have photographic memory


3. outcast


4. alot


5. no


6. age: 15 grade: 10


7. yes, basketball, tough


8. no


9. hot


10. yes
1 I don't rmember the first day of any of my school years


2 about a 5


3 popular


4 I had enough friends


5 most of them, actually


6 I'm a guy, so I never had a high school boyfriend


7 I played football, soccer, and wrestled every year, and it was awesome, though quite challenging


8 never


9 average


10 I'm sure somebody probably did, but I've never let other people's opinion control my life,so if they did i probably just blew it off





It's really important to be yourself in high school. It's gonna be a long, hard four years if you let what other people think shape your life.
1. I was extremely scared but then I realized it wasn't that bad.


2. 6


3. I am myself. I hang out with all different types of people.


4. I have a lot of friends.


5. I've been friends with upperclassmen all 3 years.


6. The summer before I started my freshman year.


7. No I've been a trainer though for basketball, wrestling, volleyball, and track. It's been a lot of fun.


8. I did not.


9. Average.


10. Some people did but most people didnt.
1. Yeah, I didnt know anybody (other than a few girls I met over summer at a campground), I was new to the area and to the school. At first, I was like, ';Where the hell are all my classes';, since the school was so huge. It took me about 15 minutes to get to any class, so I was late to every class that day, it was horrible. Whenever I came to my classes I just came in and sat down, ignoring everybody but the teacher. After a while, I began to observe the other students and ask around who's who. Soon I started talking with some kids, and became their friends if I liked them.


2. My first period was a 10, second period was a 8, third period was a 7, and fourth period was a 8.


3. Im not sure, I was really different from everybody. I just came up with whatever I wanted to feel or think. Nobody could mess with me, I was untouchable. I didnt care about what anybody said or did, unless they were somebody I respected like my friends or the school staff (like the teachers and nurses).


4. I already had about 4 friends before I started going there, but they werent in any of my classes, so its like it didnt matter, although one of them had my lunch. By the time I finished that year of school, I had about 10 really good friends, and about 50 others kids I just talked to everyday.


5. Not really, most of them were people I didnt want to hang around with. Besides, if you get any upperclassman friends, everybody begins to talk about or bother you, so just stick with people in your grade.


6. Personally, I dont care about going out with anybody yet, I want to wait until I really need to buy things for other people (like when I get a job). I believe starting that stuff as a freshman is way too early, you will waste your money and be heartbroken many times until you find the right person.


7. I wanted to get into soccer or basketball, but I never could find the right people to talk to, so I just joined ROTC and considered that my sport.


8. Lots of times, about every class change for the first few days. Thankfully my third period teacher gave me a school map.


9. I dont even know, I didnt care about what I was to anybody else, I just knew that I was there for them, and to have tons of fun with each other.


10. Once again, I dont know (or care) how others judged me when I first game there. If you dont care about the ones you dislike, then its nearly impossible for them to bother you.





I hope this can help you out in your upcoming Freshman year!
1. On the first day of high school in the 8th grade. There was speculation that newbies would be put into a dumpster by the upper class men.


2. The classes weren't hard and didn't affect our school credit until the 9th grade.


3. I was a loner.


4. Yes, I did have a group of friends who were in a higher grade.


5. I didn't have a high school boyfriend. I think that would've been hard since gay teens at my school used to get hassled.


6. I didn't play on a sports team in high school.


7. No. I knew my school pretty well but sometimes I would get lost on propose because i didn't want to go to class.


8. I was pretty average. lol.


10. Yes. I was judge because of my sexuality.





I knew i skiped number 4.





I knew alot of people in high school. I had alot of female friends but I didn't have alot of male friends. I had a few guys who I hung out with.





That's my experience but your experience my be completely different. I haven't been in high school in years.
High school isn't this super scary place that's gonna like swallow you whole if you're not cool. I look back now and laugh at how scared I was because it's stupid. Everything that you expect to go wrong usually doesn't. Things probably will go wrong if you're terrified. Basically the things in your questions don't even matter. They might seem important now, but they won't later. Sorry I don't have any answers for you except just don't stress and be you.
Hi,


I go to high school in England, which is a bit diiferent to America. High school is from age 11 to 18 here.


1. Yes - I was very nervous. Luckily I was put into the same class as my best friend from my previos school, so I was pleased. I'm not really outgoing so I think it was best I was with someone I knew well.





2. not really hard, just go up in difficultly gradually





3. None





4. Few best friends at first, now (I'm 16) loads!





5. no





6. Still haven't!





7. not really sporty in school





8. my school is pretty big - about 1700 people, but I never got lost as all the new kids stick together!





9.average I'd say





10. Not sure really





Good luck, honestly high schools great fun :)
ED
1. Really awkward having a teacher walk me from class to class.


2.well since your new every one is going to give you the ';new kid'; freebie.


3. I would have to say Nerd, musician, gamer, skater


4.i have a close nit group, small but really loyal


5.yeah i got along better with older people because i skated with them, and wasent really immature


6.I was 16 when i got my first real girlfriend


7.I played foot ball for 1 year


8. yeah


9.I guess average


10.yeah i think they did but it wasent a bad thing
none of those questions matter


just be yourself


no one else can make you ';cool';


dont try to hard


be outgoing

No comments:

Post a Comment