Monday, August 16, 2010

I had a panic attack in front of my boyfriend like 2 days ago, I feel so embarrassed ?

I had to tell him some really dark things of my past, because he wanted me to talk to him about it and I did because I never talked to him about it before but it made me get really emotionally upset and that made me start breathing uncontrollably, I was having a panic attack and it made me hyperventilate, I could have gone unconscious if it weren't for my boyfriend being there to bring the breathing back to normal.





I remember everything getting blurry and I couldn't hold my head up and he kept saying ';your scaring me, talk to me, can you say my name, what is my name sweety? you are seriously scaring me, please talk to me'; and I felt helpless, I then found strength to tell him to help me stop breathing so hard, I just couldn't control it. I said I needed air so he took me outside and told me to focus on his eyes, not to look away and he kept talking to me telling me to focus on him and he kept asking me questions like ';what my favorite color was?'; little questions like that and he made me keep focus on his eyes. Then I saw some lightning and said I was scared and wanted to go back inside. It all happened when he was dropping me off at home, after an hour my breathing returned back to normal and I remember I started crying a little more and said how sorry I was.





He stayed for another 2 hours to make sure I was okay. The next day he was at work but he was calling and texting all day checking on me, then the next day he took me to a play and got me flowers. I still feel fragile about that incident, I am wondering if I should make a doctor's visit for it. I have asthma so maybe it was triggered by that, I hardly get them and I've never got them that bad, on top of everything, I feel this makes our relationship weird.





we've been together a year now, love each other, I just never shared this with him in detail. Only briefly. It was so hard.I had a panic attack in front of my boyfriend like 2 days ago, I feel so embarrassed ?
i'm not sure what your question is, but he sounds like a great guy. that happens to me too sometimes and it's great to have someone there to be with you and help you feel better. keep this guy around. he sounds awesome. it can be hard to open up to one another, but it's a good thing in the end. =]I had a panic attack in front of my boyfriend like 2 days ago, I feel so embarrassed ?
ha if this is real then he is a good guy and cares for you most guys wouldn't come back to you after that keep him
Okay, well I definately think you should seek medical help. I have anxiety attacks all the time as well, because the past hasn't treated me well either. I understand and feel your embarassment, but you can't think about it. If you're concerned, definately go to the doctor and check it out, better safe then sorry. As for your relationship, your boyfriend seems wonderful and you're fortunate to have him. It won't affect your relationship negatively, but it will affect it positively. It will make the both of you stronger together. Good luck.
I have had panic attacks for more then twenty years and not one has lasted an hour or even half an hour. If you were hyperventilating, which is rapid breathing, and taking in too much oxygen and if this had continued for one hour you would have passed out long before the hour was up. You said you have asthma so that might have something to do with it but I really don't know.





The trauma you have experienced is so painful that you had blocked it out. You need to see a Psychoanalysis to get to the bottom of this. Obviously that trauma is still very fresh in your mind and has not been resolved. Your boyfriend cannot help you here but he can be supportive.





When you have a panic attack this is what you should know. You will not die from it. It may feel that way but I'm still here more then twenty years later. It is very frightening and you panic, hence, a panic attack. Keep saying to yourself I am not dying, I am not dying. Then say I know someone who has had them for over twenty years and she's ok. You are in a Fight or Flight state as it is called. You do not run you stay and fight it like I did. And slowly your heart will return to a normal heartbeat and you will begin to breathe normally again and then a calmness will come over you. Trust me, I could write a book on this subject. This is an emotional (mental) problem. It is not a physical one, your heart is fine. I hope this helps you.
I have suffered panic attacks for 2 periods of my life, the first period lasting longer than the second as i used my experience to help me the second time. Having someone so nice to support you is a very important part and you are very lucky to have that. But having said that a visit to the doctor is a good idea for 2 reasons. It is possible that there is a medical reason for them, but secondly you are obviously concerned and that will raise your anxiety level and that causes panic. A doctors check up will ease that and if they are pure anxiety, as they probably are, the visit wil help reduce them.





Good luck. They are controllable and they can become a controlled rather than controlling part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment